We test Geneious on the following Linux configurations:
- Ubuntu Desktop LTS (last two versions, currently 18.04 and 20.04)
Note that only Geneious versions R10 and above will run on Ubuntu 18.04 and above, see Does Geneious run on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS? Users on older versions of Geneious will need to use Ubuntu 16.04.
Geneious R10 and above require 64-bit Linux.
Other requirements are:
- Default desktop environment
- All packages up to date with latest versions from the distribution repositories
- Linux standard base (lsb) package
- Java bundled with Geneious
Note Geneious may still run on some other Linux operating systems, but we only test on Ubuntu, so we reserve the right to refuse support if you encounter an issue that we cannot reproduce on our test systems.
Linux standard base can be installed as follows:
sudo apt-get install lsb
In RedHat, CentOS and other Red Hat derived systems:
sudo yum install redhat-lsb-core