If you wish to move your Floating license manager (FLM) to a new computer then you should do the following:
1. Confirm the old server and new server have internet access. To successfully release or activate our FLM your server computers must have an internet connection and be able to contact our license server at https://licensing.biomatters.com over the standard https port.
2. On the old server, navigate to location of the FLM installation. For example, in Windows this will be the C:\Program Files\Geneious Floating License Manager folder.
4. On the old server, run the uninstall program (or for Linux, script) that accompanies the FLM software. This will uninstall the software and also contact our license servers and release your floating license activation.
5. On the new server, download the appropriate FLM installer using the link provided in the following article: download links and installation instructions.
6. Once the activation from the old server is released you will be able to install and activate the FLM on a new server using your floating license details.
If you are moving your FLM to a computer with a new IP address or Host name, then all Geneious Prime users will need to go Geneious Prime menu Help - Activate license and update the "floating license server" IP address/hostname".
Alternately, administrators can revise the FLM IP address/hostname specified in the geneious.properties file on each computer running Geneious Prime, see sections 20.2.2 and 20.4 of the Geneious Prime manual for further information.