Download the Dotmatics Platform Integration plugin v2.0.0 or later. This version supports searching biological sequences in Bioregister and copying them to Geneious Prime 2022.0.0 or later for further modifications. The search functionality works only with Bioregister version 6.1.0 or later.
Plugin installation and configuration topics are covered in Register sequences in Dotmatics Bioregister.
Launch a search
- To initiate a search, select Dotmatics > Bioregister icon located in the navigation panel:
- Complete your Dotmatics authentication if prompted by Bioregister:
In the search bar, provide your search text, which can be the full or part of the Bioregister meta-data value:
Click on the Search button to initiate the search:
- Alternatively, click on More Options and specify one or more exact fields and then click on the Search button.
In the More Options search view, users have the ability to specify how the search should work with multiple search criteria.
If "Match all of the following" is selected, the search result will only contain entities that match all of the selected conditions.
Alternatively, if "Match any of the following" is selected, the search result will contain entities that match at least one of the selected conditions.
For individual search criteria, users can select between an exact match or a partial match.
If the exact option (“is” operator) is selected, the search is case-sensitive, meaning the value in Bioregister must exactly match the provided search criteria to be included in the search results.
Conversely, if the “contains” operator is selected, the search is case-insensitive, meaning the provided search value can be part of the Bioregister field in any case.
⚠️ Note that it’s not possible to search vectors using the Project field. The system will notify a user that vectors are excluded from the search results.
Explore search results
After a search has been initiated, find a sequence of interest by exploring the meta-data returned by Bioregister. You can select one or many sequences and look into the content:
Please note that:
- Search table’s columns and their order can be adjusted by clicking on the table icon in the top right corner of the results table;
- Search results can be sorted by clicking on the table’s headers;
- Search results can be filtered by clicking on the filter icon in the top right corner of the results table.
Entities displayed in the search results are read-only, if you try to modify them, the following message will be displayed:
The system allows editing of these sequences after moving to local folders or shared databases.